Auburn Aquarium & Pet Center - Plakats, Giants, DTs!

Yanagi

Went there today and wanted to cry when I saw all the new fish they had in, if only I had more room for boys!!

Some of the range they had, please excuse the quality. I was getting a couple of weird looks standing there oogling and taking photos. :) If I had room for just one I would of taken home the red dragon PK.

Ran out of room for pictures, will post the last couple in a reply. ^_^

DTandRDPK.jpg

DTSDVT.jpg

Giant1.jpg

CTs.jpg

DT1.jpg

Edited by Yan

LavenderPK.jpg

Um, ok. My camera ate the other pictures. 2nd time it's done that. Anyway, his colour is actually much nicer than this photo shows. ^_^ They had two Giants that I saw but the other one hid mostly, I think he's of the same colour.

This is the first time I've ever seen Plakats there. :)

I bought my fish from here, they usually have good quality fish, but I've never seen them stock PKs or DTs and especially not giants.. I hope they continue to get this kind of stock. Will be keen to see if they have some nice fish in July when I get back from Bathurst. Would love to try a giant spawn!

They did have a stunning lavender BF DT boy a few months ago so I guess they've been experimenting with bringing in high quality stock. I hope they continue!

I bought my second ever Betta from there, CT boy. :)

fcb53c00.jpg

I Picked out and sent those fancy guys to Auburn :)

Its funny how shops continue on with the wholesalers mistakes. Our new office girl assumed S/F meant sailfin as the sailfin mollies are on invoices as S/F LOL. Like the whole clowntail thing over again.

I think your average person doesn't like the "weird" looking bettas. they're to used to the VT. I had to convince my other half to get a HM, although I had already purchased said betta from Lilli and was just waiting for him to arrive hahaha if only people would be more adventurous and try the different tail types. a friend of mine got her first CT a couple of weeks ago after only ever having a VT and she loves the way his fins look when he swims around.

• 1 month later...

Domayne Superstore, 115-117 Parramatta Road

Auburn, NSW 2144

Tel: 02 9648 5200

Fax: 02 9748 3332

Email: cichlid@bigpond.net.au

:)

They don't have their trading hours online (not that I can find anyway) but I believe they are open to at least 5pm every day of the week, and open fairly early. 7-9am? You could always phone and ask.

I was there on the weekend, and they had a lot of 'long finned' females (at least one was a male) and an adorable little marble grayish Plakat.

• 5 weeks later...

I was there again today.. :lol:

Two red dragon Plakats (I waaaaant!), a black dragon plakat, various deltas and super deltas too. There were quite a few marbles. Not many veiltails, but quite a few Crowntails.

There's also a tank with a lot of females which was surprising, they normally don't have many. I think they were all Veiltails and Plakats in there but I only had a quick glance.

I didn't come home with anything other than plants and driftwood though. One day I will own a red dragon!

It's one of the first tanks where the tropicals start, on the left hand side, right beside the big (4ft?) display tank.. Hope that makes sense. :)

They keep other things in with them as well, I forget what exactly. I was blinded by Bettas. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh. my. god. :XD: It's so hard to go in there and resist temptation. There's a heap of lovely fish in there. 3 Dragon plakats, one red, one yellow and one black/purple-y/red-y. Lots of metallic looking deltas, I'd say a fair few are actually super deltas. No DT VTs. I don't think there's any VTs in there at all at the moment.

There's another giant as well.

I will not buy any more until I can heat more tanks/my bedroom. :lol: I must chant this to myself!

Edited by Yan

I know!! i told myself no more fish except maybe a dt vt lol but.. on sunday i decded to go in to have a "look" and walked out with a delta tail green iridescent body and white fins i will post some pics of him in the fishy showroom once his fins have healed - they have a bit of damage to them.

And, i saw the yellow plakat and i saw this orange dragon plakat the other day but resisted lol he was soo nice!

I noticed a giant wow they are so huge in one of the community tanks but i dont think it was for sale. (i had never seen a giant in person so didnt realise how big they were!)