Jumping

redfin538

Hi,

On christmas eve i was shopping with my mother for last minute ideas when i mentioned in the store that i had been thinking about getting another Betta I dont beleive ive owned one in over 6 years though i always look . Anyway we grabbed a one gallon tank setup (till i can set up a bigger one) off the store shelf looked at the bettas and decided to go to LFS to purchase one kept in a cleaner (though ironacally smaller then the large chain store's that shall not be named, plastic containers ) temorary glass. After getting used to the freedom of his one gallon he (Fish as i named him) keeps giving me the ok this is nice but ide like something bigger look (ungratefull beast lol) so my question is HOW heigh can these fish jump? I already have a 10 gallon glass tank without a hood in the shed that i could go out and get now that some of the snows melted but i dont know if i can get away with say only filling it halfway or thereabouts withought my fish Fish being able to jump out or do i need to make a temporary cover until i can get a hood if I remember right ten gallon tanks are about ten inches high 26cm?

note: after doing a lot of reeding on this forum i went back to chain stores pet section to pick up thermometer strip etc and low and behold crowntail culls under $5 US (let mother name him Amos)will not be using him for breeding though as the shape of his mouth doesnt look quite right awsome coloring though shine the light one way hes blue look at him strait on hes teel shine the ligh another way hes green also has black mask? and red on fins

appologies if this is a bit long winded this is the first forum ive ever joined;)