Killifish eggs

Robin Hartley

Hi all,

I have been an aquarist in some form or other for thirty years or so.

Years ago I used to breed about 20 different species of Killis but due to a divorce and having to move away i had to give up my hobby.

A long story short, I have been trying to locate anyone who still breeds Killis. None of my old friends or contacts have been able to help me out.

I have never done this blog / forum thing before.

Sincerely...Blueyes

Hi Blueyes!

There are several killifish hobbyists here, many of whom are likely to have eggs or fish available to send to you. I have changed your permissions to New Member so you can post a Wanted to Buy ad in the Classifieds if you like, too.

For a complete listing of what killies are available in Australia at the moment, also check out the Killifish Australia forum.

I will have whitei and guentheri blue eggs available soon. I have rachovii eggs too, but I only have the single breeding pair so I'm not keen to part with those eggs until I get another generation hatched :betta:

Hello Blueyes, welcome to our forum. Welcome back into killis. May I recommend that you fill out the basics of your "member profile", especially your location as this will often determine who may or may not be able to assist with your fishy related enquiries. Killies are anything but plentiful in Australia, when you check out the members species list on the Killifish Australia site you will see how rare indeed they have become. A fairly recent type import resriction, ie; (the)"100 species list" has led to and exacerbated this situation. That being said...if you stick around and hunt around, you will have killi's around. :betta: Cheers, Brad.