Sydney grooming competition

Yanagi

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to see you there, Paul. :) Not interested in the mega scratched tank? hahaha

So not to spoil too much as only a few of you have actually seen the fry (in the shop) but we've got a variety of blues here.. I can see royals and turquoise but haven't seen any that look steel-ish (yet). I think this is going to be quite interesting. :)

I know I'm posting this late, but I might actually be interested in a tank or two from you Krystal, if you're wanting to get rid of them.... I'll have to convince the boy that we've got the space for them first though, lol. Might talk to you about it when we get there this arvo, we'll just have to organise a later date for us to come pick them up (depending on whether or not I win the argument, haha :P)

Thanks for the tank, Yan!

Great meet up - thanks to Paul for convincing me to get a lovely girlie for my PK boy from Shadoh - and for mum for buying her for me after breaking my tank.

Also thanks to Yan for diverting my mother away from her "dream fish" - mollies. dry.gif MY TANKS NO MOLLIES!

Sadly by the time I got home I only had three live fry - two died, before I got them out of the bag. :(

Yeah, it was good to meet people in person finally ^_^ sad about those two fry though Sarah, poor little things :/ my guys all got home and into their new tank fine, the smallest one (around the 1cm mark) I'm keeping a close eye on, but they all started investigating as soon as I put them in the tank and later all had a bit of a snack when I gave them some BBS. Though I really need to get some coffee filter papers or something to strain them out of the saltwater, it took me far too much messing around this afternoon with what I had lying around at home, lol.

Straining the BBS through fairly sturdy paper towels should also work instead of coffee filter paper if you're only doing small volumes.

Although I missed out on the coffee, it was great to meet a few new faces today.

Will be pretty cool to see what turns up out of the grooming competition too! I was nearly tempted to take a batch, but, I managed to keep myself grounded in reality fir a little while longer.

Sarah, I hope that little girl you bought turns out to be a good match for your orange boy. Hope you get some nice pics of her at full flare... she should have pretty decent form, and hopefully can reach 180deg caudal spread.

Firstly I would like to say thank you to Yan for organizing today. To the rest of the lovely people that I met today good luck with your fry. It was a pleasure. To Sarah sorry to hear about the 2 you lost, I hope you do get a couple more and do well with them. I managed to get all home safely. They are in their tanks and have managed to feed so I am happy. I look forward to seeing you all again and the results also. Take care all of you.

Regards

Zui

:bighug:

How is everyones fry going? Sarah and I believe we have crowntails. I've got mostly royal blues left I believe (PaigeH came and collected 10 on friday night). One or two may be turquoise, it's hard to see what I've got because of the amount of plants in the tank (Zui will recall, it's the one I gave you subwassersomethingtang and frogbit out of). I do wonder if I have steel blue as well as some don't seem to be developing colour as well. Does anyone know if steel blue takes longer to show up? I'm not sure why I've got that thought in my head... Who knows.

Edited by Yan

Are we restraining from photos for now, right?

If so, STILL TAKE THEM ANYWAY! (I must get some).

Mine have doubled in size... I seriously need to get myself down to Auburn to get the other two.. sorry we've been so busy!

At the moment, my three all look royal blue, with redwash. As Yan said, I think they are crown tails.

Have started to recognise me as the Bringer of Food and are giving the well known Betta dance when I come over (cutest).

I think I have a turquoise ,and royal blue's. Growing steadily. 1 turquoise has clear fins at this stage.Normal ? Also Yan subwassersomethingtang and frogbit growing nicely lol

No you dont wish you still lived in Sydney :rofl:

I suppose we can take baby photos but as they start maturing a bit I'd like to refrain from posting pictures so we get more of a surprise come show time.

Too young to tell females I think.

Sarah you'll need to grab the replacements from me, there's only absolute tiny baby things left at work, less than .5cm long I'd say. Plus you'll get charged a lot more. You can take the replacements from me for free out of my batch.

Mine recognize me as the food lady as well now.

Oh you posted at the same time as me, Zui. Some of mine have clear patches in the fins as well. Not sure if this is un-develeoped red wash or possibly a non-red wash?