NPT Attempt 2. :-).

Fletch

ROFL that has to be the funiest thing ever Sorry about your tank though Paul but Jarrod gave it a silver lineing LOL. I hope the tank comes back online without to many hassels I think you might get it cloudy for a while though

CheersI

Les

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tank going along nicely. The fish all look happy, most plants have new shoots and Val needs trimming again.

I do have an algae problem in this tank. I am using Dino Spit and Pee to try and help but the algae is taking over.

It is mainly on the floating plants, very blue/green in color and slimmy to touch. Will take all floating plants out of this tank tomorrow.

Thanks Jarrod! I only try to help, glad I can.

I was doing some reading for you, turns out you can teather together multiple bottles of CO2 to provide a more consistent and larger supply, you could also make a DIY internal venturi reactor to ensure 100% absorbtion.

I'll be buying some KNO3 soon Paul, I looked on EBAY, its all in large quanitities, I'm buying some more soon, I'd be more than happy to share some with you, you would never use a kilo lol, I don't think I would eaither! I've been using lab grade, didn't get much...

You could try a black out but you need so wrap up the entire tank to ensure no light gets in... It can adversly affect your plants as well.

You can also use it to make fermented drinks, I was going to make lemonade then realised it would be alcoholic.... You could use one of those air line splitters to hook it all together and change them periodically so when one is begining to die off the others are still productive.

Start treatment today. Five day coarse, 100% expected success rate. :-). As no filter in this tank I will do weekly wc and regular tests. Just did 60% wc with manually removing/sucking up algae.

2caed712.jpg

There was a mix up and I was sent two girls. All good, now I have two boys coming next week. :-)

727a6f64.jpg

The algae in this tank is all but gone. I can still see a bit here and there but it's dying.

Saying that, I forgot the third dose last night. :-(. Will just do a normal dose tonight and continue treatment for an extra day.

Completed course of antibacterial meds and the blue/green algae has gone. Ya.

Now I have the algae that gathers at the base of the plants back. :-(. Have done a wc and clean up and started the Dino products again. I am using canned co2 with a bell diffuser in this tank. I can see the levels going down in the diffuser but not very confident it's doing much.

Ps. Boy Channoides arrive tomorrow.