Co2 difuser not working.

Fletch

Bought glass diffuser for my DIY co2. Got the one recommended by someone. Hooked it up this morning and nothing. This is a fresh mix producing lots of bubbles. Waited 10 min and checked the bottle and lots of pressure built up in the bottle. Disconnected airline and lots of bubbles poured out of airline. Worried about bottle exploding.

Pretty sure there is no leak as there was pressure built up. Have soaked diffuser in bleach/water and retried. Still nothing.

Ideas?

If it is fritted glass, it does take a lot of pressure to get air coming through. I would check your airline is as short as possible, maybe if you're concerned about an explosion, put the CO2 unit in a box to safeguard against any messes...

Try blowing through the diffuser by mouth - if you can't get air through, it might be a dud.

Hi Busman, I had the exact same problem. I thought someone (as well as me) had this exact same problem. Must've been on a different forum.

I tried everything people suggested. I found that the moment the ceramic disc got wet, it was extremely had to get anything coming out.

What I did is let it completely dry for a day or two, hooked it up without putting it in the water, then let it sit for a while and THEN dump it in.

At first it worked, then it stopped. So i squeezed the bottle really hard to see if bubbles came out which they did. Left it there for a few hours and now its working great.

Edited by Ken-f