Brisbane Betta Club *MEETING SAT AUGUST 20, 11AM*

shadoh

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the cardboard cutouts Ness, just hop into a huge express post satchel and come up here yourself. The days have been beautiful and warm lately :) You stood on bottles for goodness sake! You can't weigh that much. Believe me - if I stood on empty whiskey bottles (a)I'd be drunk and (b)I'd have glass shards and squashed bettas embedded in the soles of my feet *lol*

OK Guys, the first meeting will be held on:

Saturday the 20th August, 11AM at:

Groove Cafe

478 Ipswich Rd

Annerley 4103

It is the cafe next to the arcade you enter to go to someone's shop.

This will just be an informal meet and greet to discuss the club and the direction everyone would like to take it. Then, of course, a trip downstairs to LFS :D

All welcome, please spread the word!

If you are coming, please add your name to the list, so we know approx how many are coming...

So far:

Jarrod (Shadoh)

Paul (Busman)

Matt (Matt_95)

Sarah (Pyrefly) could you please confirm if you are still interested in coming... thanks

I am going to try and make it but I can't make any promises yet cause I have to travel that week for work and I'm not sure if I'll be back in time. I will see if I can find a photo from the BBQ we had a few years ago with some of the older members.

Which Brisbane members do we have on here these days?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. NEXT SATURDAY.

Let's get excited people. All welcome. Spread the word.

If you are definitely coming, please let us know. Would love to meet some other local, like minded people.

I can't wait. :-).

Ps......don't forget we will do a "viewing" (spend up) at Fishchicks at the end.

Love your enthusiasm Hai. Lol. If you ever make it up this way, make sure you let us know so we can catch up, meet or no meet. Would love to meet all the people here in person at some stage.

Edited by Busman

I can't wait :D I went up today, was only there for 5 minutes but there were some good looking fish :D

mum doesn't want me to catch the bus, she is worried I will get abducted. My Grandma might be taking me. She can't beleive how much we spend on fish *lol*

I rekon they would return you Matt. Lol. You can't trust public transport, look at the bus drivers. Crazy.

I will know on Thursday if I have the day off. If so, I can take you if you can catch the train to my house.

Still have plenty of IAL, but good to know where to go when I need more :D

I think it was just the female Black Orchid. I have the female Red Rocket jarred up waiting for you - don't forget to grab her on the way home.

Think I might have to take only enough cash that I am willing to spend and leave the credit card at home, otherwise I will end up trying to buy half of someone's current stock. Some real beauties there... Thinking about getting one of the VT monster marble boys to put with one of my jewel beauties to continue the jewel line. Would be good to have at least 1 decent VT line in our collection :) All depends on size - my girls are now so massive, they would need a big boy to wrap them...

I don't mind, if you want to breed her take her. She may be a gold dragon though, she was originally a golden brown colour, now she is more a gold. Perhaps someone could get you in a male?

I really want one of those VT's, but I have no room! Don't let me buy any bettas guys, I'm down sizing.