Hi Everyone

pleco

Hi Everyone

As a new member (having had fish for 40 years) here is a brief background. The tank I had for 20 years was 8'long x 3' wide x 30" deep. It held 1500 litres and weighed over 2 ton. Most of the fish were between 15-20 years old and included Frontosas, Electric Yellows, Electric Blues, assorted Catfish, Venustus, Blackbelts, Tropheus mooriis, Brichardi, Auratus, Saratoga, Clown Knife Fish, Leporinus, Julies, Cylindricus and others. Have bred Bettas, Frontosas, Cylindricus.

When I moved house had to sell tank and have now a small tank with Bettas.

Catfish

Hi catfish and :welcome: to the forum :bighug: shame you had to get rid of the big tank sounds like a great mix of fish. I'm really a learner here myself but I can tell you these guys are great :dance: really friendly, really helpful and it sounds as if you can add to the general knowledge base yourself. You will find that photos are almost compulsory here so if you haven't already get yourself a Photobucket account and post any photos you have of past and/or present fish :please: (Some people will say photos are demanded but you will notice I said PLEASE :lol: ) Again welcome and enjoy, Jo.

Welcome Catfish. That tank you had sounds amazing. I'm sure we'd all love to hear more about your experiences at some stage. We're a friendly bunch here. Any questions, just ask. There is usually someone around with the answer.

Be warned, Busman will be hassling you for photos at some stage :P

two ton!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an amazing effort that must have been to keep up with (I can only imagine water changes)

I admire your persistence with moving house and having to give them all up - and taking on the Betta.

How do you find the maintenance difference? I imagine the smaller tank would actually be harder to keep stable.

Anyhoo - Welcome to the forum, we look forward to sharing your excitement over your betta.

What do you have in the tank now?

-Ness

I personally can't imagine the likes of the tank you described. It sounds amazing! My experience with fish keeping was a 2foot tank given to me as a birthday present when I turned 11, and I had no idea what I was doing. The guppies, chinese algae eaters, angels and occasional sword tails all died after relatively short lives. Now I have started on bettas - many years later, and I still don't know a lot, but I know that you can't expect these fish to live a hel of a long time.... but WOW!! 15-20 years... most domestic animals don't live that long. I find that completely mind boggling! Well done. I'm sure a lot of care and special attention went into looking after those guys, and I'm sure you had a hard time letting that tank go.

Welcome to the forum Catfish. Hope to hear more about your experiences, and your new found fish.