Orange Marble HMPK's

shadoh

I LOVE the vibrant orange of the male. I didn't realize until I was uploading photos that I didn't get any of the female. I must have been dazzled by the beauty of the male.

OPM3.jpg

OPM2.jpg

OPM1.jpg

...if you look carefully at the last photo, you can glimpse the female :)

Edited by shadoh

Here is the female. I must have subconsciously not taken her photo because she is Busman's favorite :)

I have to admit, I wasn't too impressed with her when I picked her up - she looked so different. Once I got her into the tank and she settled in, she is now in my top 3!

OMPF1.jpg

OMPF2.jpg

OMPF3.jpg

Edited by shadoh

I've said before I can't stand orange Bettas - but...... this pair is yet another real exception.... I think its the black trim and deep orange colour that does it for me....

Can almost imagine some orange pineapples coming from this pair.... very nice pair Jarrod.....

Interesting dragon like scales on the girl. Not so heavy on the boy though. He's a great looking PK too. I know Yan would be beside herself with jealousy over this one. That overtime you did earlier didn't even get a chance to settle in the bank did it Shadoh?

I prefer the lady myself, her orange seems more red-orange, and I like that she has touches of white/cellophane fins.

Like everyone else, am very excited to see the eventual offspring. So glad we are getting some Bettas like this into Australia.

• 1 month later...

5 failed spawns have given me the betta blues... I am hoping this pair will get it on and cheer me up. I'll post a spawn log if successful. If not, you'll hear about it here...

O1.jpg

O2.jpg

O3.jpg

O4.jpg

He's bit of a spoon head. I'm hoping her topline might smooth things out a bit with the fry...

These are great looking fish. My favorites for sure. Good luck mate, wish I had an answer for you but I can't tell you anything you don't already know.

Fingers & Toes crossed for you. :-)

Hi Jarrod

Try him with your yellow girl she has done the job once and maby she can help him along they would make for a nice combination yellow with black trim MMMMM

Cheers

Les

Thanks Les, that is one of my plans further down the track. He's with his spawn sister right now though. I have some green dragon plakats coming in next shipment, so that is my next plakat spawn....

Numerous pairs and numerous problems. Young inexperienced pairs. One or both fish not ready. Mistakes made on my part. I have to say, I had lost my confidence in getting fish to spawn, so this is a real boost! :D

I can feel another grounding coming on, my heater failed and my bettas are looking in a bad way, dad wont drive to a friends house to borrow one and Hua just died. Maybe after that I will try to not get grounded :P

OK Jarrod

(Green Dragon PKS Im all ears where did you get them and when do they arive? you must have pics. I am sure I must be due to buy new fish soon)Ok keep to thread Les

That is realy good news about the matting itll be an intresting jurney watching the marble and dragon together (Green Dragon PKs)Keep to thread I thought you would have thought of that match it will be one I will be waiting for with great antisipation

Congrats

Cheers

Les

I bought the green dragons on AquaBid when I bought the last lot of fish. Their arrival was delayed by flooding in the breeders region. They will arrive in the next shipment in a couple of weeks time :D