Aus Aqua Competition 2011..............

Hey guys,

I've noticed there have been a few comps on in previous years, for various things including Aquascaping and the like.. see 2009 link: http://ausaqua.net/gallery/

I was thinking of inviting y'all to help me drum up a prize/or incentive to have a series of tank comps.

Perhaps things like:

Aquascaped / Planted tank under 20 litres

Aquascaped / Planted tank over 20 litres

Theme tank design under 30 ltres

Best example of freshwater plant (I don't know much about plants, how might you divide up the categories?)

Best example of saltwater plant... etc etc

And maybe even a virtual "table show" with fish we have bred (no imports or purchases, to encourage & appreciate our aussie breeders)

Hows about it?

Perhaps there's a $5 entry per class and winner takes aaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll

Not sure - thinking out aloud with end-of-day-brain-melt.

mmmm?

Sounds good, I could enetyer my planted tank. Who would be the Judge? I think it would be hard to judge best plant, there are so many of them. Perhaps best planting, like a grouping of plants that complement each other but not the whole tank?

Neffy thats amazing :D

worth doing 1 competition at a time ..... the last two I've run had a very small number of entries ..... too many sections in one show will dilute the entries or put too much pressure on everyone to get extra tanks :P

Like the idea. Think Adam in with a good shot, he could enter 100 fish in almost every class. Lol

Lol!! That's not entirely true... I don't have any crowntails or veiltail spawns and haven't gotten around to breeding any plakats yet.

I think it sounds like a fun idea though!

Well I'd be up for entering a Planted Tank comp (now me and Photo-Sucket seem to be on speaking terms!!) :lol: and Neffy...love the tiny tank. NannaJo B)

Almost forgot, could also go in for Breed Specific with my Guppy Boys

Edited by FlameDragon

Are you growing algae? What kind of plants would fit into something so small?

haha its not my tank ! i found it on google it does look like algae tho!!

I dont think they have to be THAT small

Here are a few other examples at this website

Neffy,

That's fantastic!!! Love the idea of the mini tank.

Okay - wise words, and great feedback.... Leave it with me, I have some ideas on guest judge/s

So lets do an aquascaping comp first... thinking of these classes:

9 litres and under (this includes the Dymax iq3 and smaller single male betta tanks)

then 9 litres and over (everything else - no limit)

and the final novelty/theme tank

What could be prizes? Anyone got ideas, or are we just happy to do it for "Rep" :P

-Ness

Okay that (kinda) Settles it, I'll start a new thread next week with the comp specs - three classes at most...

Thinking 1.) 9 litres and under planted/aquascaped tank 2.) 10 litres and over planted/aquascaped tank and 3.) Themed/Novelty/Quirky tank

Winners recieve a delightful graphic with the 2011 Aquascape design (I'll come up with something) ...and place

How long do we need to get the entries in? 1 month?

-Ness

A month sounds good, I will do a rescape Tuesday or wednesday for it. I might do something with my nano to, can we enter emmersed scapes? We should have a competition every month so we can get mire ribbons :P could we put the winners on the homepage?