Banana leaf

les

Could you tell me the dosage rate etc and can it be made up as a tea like Katapang can thank you for the info you truly are the scientist=D

Edited by Bettarazzi
Merged duplicate topic and removed redundant posts.

I've never used them myself, but have seen that the thai breeders strip the leaves and tie a couple of strips (about 5cms long) together in a knot and put that in the water.

I have done a quick search and found this article: http://www.drak.de/en/products/natural-products/banana-leaves.html

you are truly a savont of sience I have gone to the LFS and asked there about dosage and the guy (chris) had never herd of it so he gave me two femailes to experiment on i was going to make a tea of a set waight of leaves to a set mesurement of water and then gradualy increase the dosage of the tea in one container and leave the other as a control taking pictures at set intervals oh yes he gave me the containers as well he breads cyclids so ill pass the info from that site on to him and ill still go ahead with the experiment any way but once again thank you

CHEERS Les

Thanks for the info Sarah.

After talking with Jarrod I started an experiment

DAY ONE:

1. Boiled 300 grm banana leaf (two medium leaves) in 2 ltr aged water for 30 min and rested the pot for 30 min

COMMENT:It formed a dark caramel liquid but not viscus in any form

2. Placed one female fighter in 6 ltr control tank and one in 6 ltr experiment tank both with PH nutral pics taken of both girls to compare to later examinations

to the experiment tank I added 5 ml per ltr of tea.

DAY TWO:

1. No change to control tank as expected

experiment tank water was different like the difrence between glass and lead cristel it was cristal

Female seems more active and her couler is darker

PH has droped slightly

added another 5 ml of tea to experiment tank

Hi Hood

Your just around the corner from me funny that

spagnum moss is ment to lower the PH if thats what your looking to do

I distile my water in a twentyfive ltr home still you know the type you make spirites in the i leave it to rest in buckets with lids on old 25ltr mayo buckets are good for that

CHEERS

Day three was as usual

Day four the girl in the experiment tank looks better the she did when she first went in I can notice the diferance the water is not golden like peat makes it it has a blackness to it but is cristal clear a bit like a moon light affect realy makes the plane jane look not to shaby and shes realy active and PH is great

Edited by les

sorry have now taken the girls and put them in to the same tank as it was an obviuse change in the end I do have photos but cant figer out how to put the up ill get alex to do it on the weekend but ill definetly be useing bananaleaf from hear on in

CHEERS

I only put in 5ml per ltr for the first 4 days then stoped so it worked out to 20 ml per ltr I wanted to do it gradualy so it more represented a leeching affect and wasnt such a shock for them iv now placed them in a planted up tank as a reward for taking part in the ex my banana trees are in fruit now so once they are ripe ill cut it down and drylarge peices of it in the food dehydrater its a bit more strile that way I think

CHEERS

Les