Hi, from Philippines

manonastreet

Hi, tame here. :)

I first saw bettas back in 1998 -- my cousin was keeping them in his backyard pond. He gave me a pair and I got hooked. Just ordinary multis. I was able to make them spawn and i kept a few fry tubs in the backyard until 2001, when i left home to get back to my studies. Work and a lack of suitable place stopped me from keeping bettas again, until my recent move to the island of Bohol.

I found these girls at the local fish store last week and (having never seen double-tails before) I just had to snap them up (50 PhP each or 1.14 AUD). Please excuse the low quality vga pic -- gotta get something better than a cheap phone cam hehe):

83abdd188e.jpg

d1a3b7ee1e.jpg

will look for a suitable male once they're fully grown.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks for the welcome :)

@Sarah -- I divide my time between the islands of Cebu, Bohol & Leyte (Visayas region)

@Shado -- hehe, after two weeks of feeding them tiny nightcrawlers, they turned out to be male--and the store owner said they're girls! The greyish one turned blacker--looks like black lace with non-spread steel blue iridescence; i don't see any red wash. A friend here in Bohol has several females -- i'm thinking of maintaining a black lace line 'cause blacks are rare over here.