My next spawn...

shadoh

Shadoh's Next Spawn  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which Pair Do You Want Spawned Next?

• Metallic Royal Blue Marble Pair
    • Cellophane Marble Pair
    • Red Rocket Cambodian Ct x Multicolour Marble
    • Red Rocket x Black Copper
    • Black Copper x Royal Blue Marble
    • Red Rocket DT x Cellophane Marble (carries DT)

OK, everyone, here's the deal - I have 1 spare spawn tank and too many options to decide which pair to spawn next. Since some of you will be buying fish from the result of this pairing, I thought I'd let you decide... Keep in mind that my Marbled fish carry DT and PK.

Photos...

1. Metallic Royal Blue Marble Pair

0455e184.jpg

The aim is to try and get more metallic marbles and butterflies...

2. Cellophane Marble Pair

1-3.jpg

Entirely experimental to see what I get, I'm guessing a mixed lot of blue marbles, cellos and butterfly

3. Red Rocket Cambodian Ct x Multicolour Marble

2-3.jpg

Looking at eventually turning this into a pale bodies marble CT line...

4. Red Rocket x Black Copper

3-3.jpg

The aim here is to develop some CT devils in a few generations

5. Black Copper x Royal Blue Marble

5-3.jpg

Marbled coppers anyone?

6. Red Rocket DT x Cellophane Marble (carries DT)

Busman, it doesn't matter if I spawn 2 single tails from each of our spawns, I'll still get DT as they both carry them. I could also do a black dragon PK x red rocket DTCT spawn. By 2nd generation, I'll get some nice DTCTPK dragons...

I know it's not on the list of options... but have you thought about using the black dragon HMPK female (when she's had a chance to recover) with the Royal blue metallic marble SD boy (no 1 on list)? Should yield good form, lovely metallic and dragon scales. The black might probably wont come through in first gen, but, hopefully it will give you some nice form to choose from in future spawns.

Oh yeah... just realised Pam was a PK, so it'll give you 1/2 PKs too!

Edited by paul

That crossed my mind Paul, but not sure I want to take my marbles down the PK track. All my marbles carry PK, so I would get a large amount of PK out of that pairing. I do, however have a young black copper (as yet unsexed) that I am hoping is female. (S)he is close to super delta, so could use her when she grows some more.

Edit: Hmmm... 50% huh? Thought it would be a bigger percentage of PK for some reason. Not too bad odds then. OK, Black Dragon x Metallic Royal Blue is on the table!

Edited by shadoh

I want to vote for pairing No 5 out of the ones you have lined up, however, the cellophane girl doesn't look to have the best form/spread or caudal branching compared to the other girls...might just be the picture. Any of the other females with good form would be a good match too. DTcombtail multi marbles!

Then I choose Pairing No 5... just pick the girl with the best branching/caudal spread and overall form. Though... I like the glimmer of almost highlights that girl has... "almost dragon scales".

Unless of course you go with my other suggestion - RB metallic marble male x Black dragon HMPK female - in which case I would vote for them!

Thanks for the thought Matt, but I'll use my black dragon girl if I go down that road, that way you don't lose any fish and I have piece of mind.

Paul, going right off track here, but what if I was to breed the dragon girl with the black copper boy? How would the dragon scaling effect the copper? Would I get metallic dragons or a bunch of multi metallics with varying degrees of dragon scaling?

Edited by shadoh

The copper you have from kermadum is from a copper x dragon spawn. The mother was superblack ( ie both black lace and melano) so the fry carry both. Spawning black dragon to this copper should yield a good proportion black fry (50%). The irid should be a range from copper to full dragon. Not sure how to classify the dragons regarding the "spread iridocyte" gene. Wild type or spread ..so a little hard to predict the distribution of the irid layer. Chances are there will be some with red wash. Plus, there's a chances of the marble gene popping up seeing as some marbles have declared themselves in Adam's coppers.

Edited by paul