Hello from Perth

BettaObsessed

Hi all.

I'm excited to find an Australian forum relating to bettas. It's good to know that information I find on this site is relevant to me. I spent a couple of hours last night reading through some of the forum posts and have already learned so much more.

My name is Bev and I live south of Perth. I have been keeping tropical fish for around 2.5 years. My first ever tank was an Aqua One 320 in hot pink which I still have. At the time, knowing absolutely nothing about fish except that I wanted them, I put angels, gouramis and I think guppies into the tank. Sadly, they didn't last long. I was over cleaning the tank and filter and ended up making them all sick and sent them to fishy heaven. After that wonderful learning experiece I started using the internet to find out what fish went together and their requirements. That tank now holds what started out as 3 tiny goldfish which are now over a year old.

That was the start of my obsession with fish. I now have 5 tanks set up including the pink on. There are 3x40L and an 80L. The 80L currently holds mainly guppies with 2 mollies (babies left over from when I had lots of them), 2 clown loaches and 1 corydora (the rest were eaten by my previously unreasearched featherfin). 1 of the 40L holds around 45 4 week old bettas, 1 holds my 5 female bettas and the other holds 2 of my male bettas (kept apart of course). I have also recently set up my own version of a betta barracks which holds 3 more male bettas (all in 2-3L containers).

I look forward to learning so much more and once I'm employed again, really getting into breeding bettas.