New melbourne member

Haiiley

I'm located in Melbourne and have a love for fish.

I recently saved a HMPK i saw at my lfs about a month or so ago, it had severe finrot and looked like it was about to drop dead.

I joined this forum in the hope to acquire the right advise to get him back into shape, And have managed to cure the fin rot from many helpful topics on this site (thank you).

Just wanted to ask a quick question, if anyone can tell me how long it would take for his anal fin to grow back to normal (if they ever will)?

And he is missing half of one of his pelvic fins, will this ever grow back aswell?

His fins have been growing back fairly steadily for the past month, but for the last week they stopped (or it must be an illusion) and im getting concerned that he will not be able to grow his tail back fully.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glad to be apart of this forum.

:D Hi Haiiley, welcome to the forum. Sarah is right in what she has told you, some do, some don't. All you can do is give him the best chance possible by keeping him happy and in a stable tank. :bighug: You have overcome the biggest hurdle by curing the rot :cheer: Fingers crossed he regains his full finnage for you, Jo.(a.k.a Nanna)

Any chance of a pic?

Post pics

HAHA!!!! Now who is asking for pictures? Not once, but TWICE!

Now I can make comments about you asking for pictures ---- yeah, Busman does that a lot (sorry, best I could come up with.. I'm so terrible at jokes it isn't funny :embarrass: ).

Sorry about that Paul, I just couldn't resist. I'll stop now. <_<

Lol.

Lol. @Nana, no offense intended. Did you see the old lady that stopped the jewellry robbery with her handbag? Last thing I want is an old irate lady, swinging her bag at my head.

@Sarah. Enough out off you. Photo stalker is you position.

Hi Haiiley,

Welcome to the forum, you've just had a crash-course with some of the local inhabitants, and their various quirks I see.....

Have a good trawl through the clinic threads - there's more information that I care to mention about fin rot (I've done my fair share of contribution to the clinic topics on rot <_<)

If you can upload photos onto facebook / flickr / etc then copy the image location (right click / crtl-click over the image once it's on there) and then use the little [insert image] icon in the forum text tools (above the box you type in) you'll satisfy Sarah and Busman, and the rest of our curiosity....

We're all little voyeurs wanting to see your beautiful fishes what their issues are, and what the progress is of their growth/healing/treatment etc.

Plenty of knowledgeable members for serious advice - they've saved my tail a few times.

All the best with your little guy.

We might see you at the Vic Betta meeting in March?

(see the other threads for meeting details too)

- Ness