Look at this new tank

lyrical

I saw these tanks at Coburg Aqauarium in Victoria today and they are so cute they had smallish fish in them and one of them was like a micro marine tank which l fell in love with.I'd really love one of these but l'll have to save my bickies they are $125 each. But l'd love a micro marine tank they had living rocks in it and a star fish and a clown fish. The tank is called "Dymax IQ3 acrylic nano aquarium" here is a link to an english magazine article about them. IQ3 nano aquarium

Here is another Article about them

IQ3 nano aquarium

Hey Lyrical,

I got one of these tanks around 6 months ago... I found the current on the filter waaaaaaaaaaaaay too strong for my little halfmoon betta male.

I had noticed some georgous little clown fish in the Nano Cbube displays struggling to fight the strong current at the Cobourg Aquarium

While I had already dropped around $125 on the tank, I wanted to see if I could modify it to work comfortably for betta, and have since put a subtle black sponge (around 3 cms sq) and just cable tied it to the outlet.

I now have a little female in there- and notice she occasionally finds it a bit overwhelming with the intake and she gets sucked over to that side of the tank.

So I now let it operate on a timer for 5 x 20 mins throughout the day - the tank stays clean, and she's not fighting an impossible current.

Note that due to the size of the tank, you'd still need to do weekly / fortnightly (if I'm lazy) water changes to eliminate nitrate / ammonia build up.

Good little tanks tho, I'm a fan.

Edited by melbournebetta

They look great but..... I'm too cheap to buy one :lol:

For that money I can get enough glass offcuts to build 4 x 3ft tanks = more fish :)

But if I had the money to spend on one - would look great on my desk at work..... maybe its time to start saving.....