New tank

Fletch

Just got given a complete setup. Missing lids. Comes with heater, internal filter, 2 airpumps. I have two tanks for grow out stages so was thinking of a small pair of cichlids. Want something that will grow with parents.

Any ideas???

Size. 50 cm L x 30 W x 40 H.

Get some shellies.... always full of antics... moving shells.. burying shells... rearranging snails (including live mystery snails larger than they are!!)

I've got hecqui's and they're a great little fish but others like multis will spawn and the kids grow up to help raise the next spawn and so on.... gives you something to do with the shells of dead mystery snails (well my larger cichlids eat a few so the shellies get the empty shells).....

Lots of little shellies to choose from Lake Tanganyika - hecqui, occies, multies, brevis, etc... The south american dwarfs are good too and quite colourful by comparison to the lake cichlids....

Hey Busman,

Here's a link to the new dwarf cichlids Fishchicks will have in stock over the next couple of weeks. http://www.aquariumlife.com.au/showthread.php/29890-New-Fishchicks-list?p=274939#post274939

In my opinion, and this is after seeing all the fish today, they Pelvicachromis (kribs) variants will be too large for such a tank. You really want one of the smaller species. There are a couple of very nice Apistogramma trifasciata pairs currently in store. Or email Fishchicks and put an order in for a pair of the Borellii "Opal".

If you want to set the tank up for breeding, and not so much as a show tank, it can be done fairly cheaply. But you will need a regular source of rain water and Indian Almond leaves.