What dry foods do you feed your Bettas

Yanagi

HBH Betta pellets - splendens & small wilds

HBH Tropical Flakes (rarely)

Freeze Dried Black worms

Freeze Dried Blood worms

Orca protein pellets 1mm - splendens and small wilds 3mm - unimaculata group wilds

Hikari micro pellets - fry & rutilans

I feed my fry the cheap supermarket one from vitapets call "betta food" and also the one neffy gave out at the last last meeting, I think it's called spectrum food for my adults. Other than that I food almost exclusively on live or frozen food.

I feed my fry the cheap supermarket one from vitapets call "betta food"

I was given that for my birthday!* I also received Vita Pet bloodworm pellets, (which is only 2% bloodworms :confused: ) They too big for Bettas, but I break them in half. :giggle:

My favourite is Tropical's BETTA food.** It's in a little white container, with a red lid. Blue label, red (possibly) HM on the front. The flakes have little freeze-dried bloodworms and there is supposed to be krill but I don't see any. Even smells yummy!

* This one -

http://img21.imagesh...55/fishfood.jpg

** Looks like this, but with white container and red lid -

My link

Edit: Adding pictures. :)

Edited by Sarah

HBH Betta Bites have been good for me. I also use the HBH Baby Bites food for my baby cichlids when they are a week or so old. If I get stuck for food for smaller fish I put the HBH Betta Bites into a pepper mill and grind it up into smaller chunks.

I'm surprised so many use the HBH brand. I have it, NOTHING will eat it. Even my angels turn it down. My dad's parasite tank (mostly all livebearers) eats some and then won't touch it. Shesh. My Betta won't take flake, either..

I've wanted to try Atisons but can't find where to get it. May have to speak to the boss. :)

Yep Russell didn't do a lot re promoting it I don't think... and I'm sure it was less than half the price its going for now (I think someone has it for $25 and AoA is the same price) - when you add postage to it, its just far too dear unless you buy by the box - I can get it for about $5 less per jar including freight but have to buy a box (24 x 75g I think in a box).

Apart from the quality - the pellet size was just that bit smaller than the HBH ($14 for 85g) so younger fish could take it easily - for those in Brisbane or near a stockist its a very good food for Bettas.... Ocean Nutrition has a pretty good range of foods for all types of fish really - just don't see it around often....

The Orca protein pellets I use are wolfed down by the Bettas and are only $17 for 1kg and is an ok staple pellet and mixed with FD foods and frozen & live foods rounds out the diet of my fish nicely. I think having a good variety of food is the way to go...

Edited by fishbites