Fake Plants = Rust colored water?

Fletch

Got home and straight into it. Caught 2/3 of them and floated these in two coke bottles in spare tank. Over one hour slowly add tank water to bottles and release these.

Did third water change in original fry tank, rinsed out sponge filter and I must say, after a couple of hours, it looks a lot better.

Think I was lucky, sponge was filthy. Does a lot better job than I gave it credit for. First time I have used one. Always had canister filters.

Thank you everyone. Think I needed to separate them anyway and was about to do it.

This morning great news. No losses in either tank and orange water is almost completely cleared. Still using a little extract so will never be clear. My IAL should be here any day. Best part is the "thickness" of the water has cleared. So obvious. Thankyou everyone.

92eb6893.jpg

Thanks Neffy. Was a bit embarrassed really. Kept fish most of my life. Didn't really know what was going on. Never seen anything like it. Pretty obvious now. Hopefully others learn from my mistakes. Just very lucky no losses.