My New Additions

shadoh

So today I gave Paul (Busman) a visit and came home with these little beauties! Photos don't really do them justice, he has some really beautiful fish with more on the way :D And, for the record, I do believe that they are as old as he says they are :D:thumbs: there must be something in the water out where you live mate!

Here is one of the girls. I am hoping that she will keep the orange body, but from the others Paul has, it looks like she'll eventually turn red all over. Either way, I'm happy!

d.jpg

I also took the girl with the broken back. She has such beautiful colouring, it would be a shame not to try and breed more like her...

b.jpg

I couldn't get a clear pic of the male, as he was too busy flaring at one of my boys...

e.jpg

a.jpg

You aren't seeing things. She has no ventrals. None of her problems can be passed on to any babies she has. As long as she's happy and healthy, then I'm happy. She's the most active of the three :D

c.jpg

Edited by shadoh

Thanks. :)

That really is the main thing - as long as she is happy and healthy - not to forget being a mother of many fry, that is all that matters.

Edit: I think I can see two little stumps where the ventrals should be. It actually is pretty cute. :giggle:

Edited by Sarah

She was never an unhappy fish. I have mentioned her before and stated that it didn't bother her or slow her down. Don't know how she will go when it comes time to wrap but deformity so close to tail you might be lucky.

All the best with them Jarrod, hope you have as much luck with them as I have. Will be great to see some better quality photos of them than I can produce.

That first female seems a bit washed out. She will show LOTS more color as she settles in. Looking good Jarrod.

All settled in well. Got home this arvo the boy is busy working on a new nest and even the big female had blown a little nest of her own. She has coloured up nicely over the past 24 hrs. Will post a pic or 2 later, I'm waiting for camera battery to charge :)

Each one in one of those large coffee jars I brought with me yesterday with some java moss. Not carded, but far apart, so can't really see much of each other. The girls get real excited if I move them close to the boy. He loves showing off for them :)

Wow. She never had that much color here. Thought she would though.

Please note Betta Police............ This has happened 24hrs AFTER separated and jarred.

Tell me she doesn't like having her own space..........think I better do the rest tomorrow.

Oh god, I forgot about the Betta Police. Oh well, there goes my approved breeder membership now I have admitted to keeping them in coffee jars <_< I guess we can only imagine how much more colour they would have if kept in the approved volumes of water. Hell, they'd practically glow in the dark! *lol*

Thanks Sarah, it does a great job for a 3.2mp camera. The secret is to get as much light onto them as possible... No idead for names as yet. I guess something will come to me before I start breeding them...

Edited by shadoh

I meant the Betta Police wanting each individual fish having a tank to themselves the size of your community tank :) There is nothing wrong with the size tank you have them in mate!

I have to admit that the results from this girl has prompted me to look at jarring a few more of mine as well!

Edited by shadoh

Hey Paul, are yours blowing big bubble nests? I've never seen females blow such big nests as these girls! They are really loving the IAL pieces I put in to float in their jars, it seems that they are having a competition to see how big of a nest they can build :D

My leaves only arrived at lunchtime today and they love 'em. As I said, within a couple of hours, they had decent sized nests going. I have previously only used them in the spawning tank and for sick bettas. From now on, IAL for all of them! :)

Doing a heap of jarring this arvo and they are all getting some...