Finally a forum that knows what theyre talking about :)

Christelle

Hi guys new to your wonderful forum.

I cant wait to tap into all the knowledge available on the site and hope you guys wont get annoyed with all my DUMB questions :)

I am currently focusing on bettas after a 2 year absence from them (i had african cichlid fever).

I currently house :

3 Veil tale males

1 Crown tale male

1 plakat male

a pair mahachai bettas - my pride and joy

1 Giant marble half moon male

1 Dragon female

and my assorted female collection the rat pack :)

I am considering to steer away from fancy bettas and just concentrate on the wild types since they are getting rare and the destruction of theyre habitats arnt helping

well tha'ts a little insight to my world hope to talk to you all soon.

Thanks Chris

G'day Chris,

Welcome to AusAqua and special welcome to another wild type fancier.....

quite a few members are now keeping wild type Bettas but still only a small selection of species available for reasonable prices.... we're hoping to keep species alive and flourishing within a small loose knit group (click here for info) and always welcome new people to the group....

Hi tanks guys cant wait to start breeding again.

I currently house all of my bettas in a custom betta barracks which have a DIY trickle filter system for both rows. It houses 12 bettas at one time.

I have one Breeding tank cycling atm and hoping to setup some more just got to get a couple more tanks which will fit into the room.

I have no fry atm but hopefully soon there will be a million babies to care for.

thanks fishbites i will definitely add myself to that group.

G'day Chris, and welcome to the forum.

Don't you just love someone-Leas store. I have a pair each of mahachai, smaragdina and imbellis. My smaragdina male is my betta pride and joy. My mahachai pair have recently spawned, and the smaragdina male built his first bubble nest today.

Keep and eye out around the forums for posts on someone meet ups. Their is a growing number of wild betta, dwarf SA and west african dwarf cichlid enthusiasts in Brisbane, and we regularly meet up for coffee (upstairs), to talk fish, and buy all the good stuff before the southerners get their hands on the best fish.

Edited by briztoon

G'day Chris, and welcome to the forum.

Don't you just love someone-Leas store. I have a pair each of mahachai, smaragdina and imbellis. My smaragdina male is my betta pride and joy. My mahachai pair have recently spawned, and the smaragdina male built his first bubble nest today.

Keep and eye out around the forums for posts on someone meet ups. Their is a growing number of wild betta, dwarf SA and west african dwarf cichlid enthusiasts in Brisbane, and we regularly meet up for coffee (upstairs), to talk fish, and buy all the good stuff before the southerners get their hands on the best fish.

Thanks briztoon.

Yes i went there for the first time on saturday lol i always knew about her and bought fish off her when i was living in adelaide but now i live in brisbane and its so much better and faster now to get the ones i want. I only just got my pair of mahachai but have been eyeing wild types from afar since i started my trip down betta lane. i will keep my eye out i think someone was restocking her shelves when i was there wasnt much that caught my eye except the wild pair which i ended up buying :).