Pink Carnation HM Pair

Sarah

My mum and dad brought me someone's Pink Carnation pair for my birthday! I LOVE them! :wub: Best fish I've ever seen in my opinion..

Even after I got the 3ft tank with heater, filter, etc.. I was NOT expecting that! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :bighug:

Anyway, here is the video someone put up -

Aren't they beautiful? :drool: I know I'm bragging a bit.. but I can't help it. :P

I believe they are Rosetail. So I named the female Rose, and the male Carnation (I know not a very mainly name, but I like it.. not like he is going to be bullied by the other fish for it).

Tying to get pictures, but I can't get any good ones. Hiding in the plants, moving a second to late, etc.

I'm editing this. Instead of putting photos up, here is the link for their Photobucket album. It will be updated when I get good photos. Please ignore any broken image links you may see in the rest of this topic. :D

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t239/camerachick_2007/Pink%20Carnation%20HM%20Betta%20Pair/

Oh, and someone also very kindly added a live plant as well (thanks someone)! Does anyone know what it is?

P1000525.jpg

They look more like the colour of someone's video than my photos..

Edited by Sarah

Congrats! So it was you all along! LOL :lol: I am so happy for you.

That is definitely java moss. It's a very easy to look after plant - no special lighting or feeding requirements. Fry especially love to hide in it and is perfect for the spawning tank!

Yep.. plastic plant is GONE.. well, at lest into a different tank. :D

Carnation (male) is now sleeping peacefully, while Rose (female) is calm, yet awake. I think she'll dose off soon.

I'm going to set them up sometime next week.. I'm going to Auburn Aquarium to get some Brine Shrimp Eggs.. first time ever culturing them, but I've done my research, and think it will be OK. Never been to Auburn Aquarium, I've heard nothing but good things on it (not that you are able to mention anything bad).. ;)

Excited.. can't wait to I see tails, then free-swimmers, etc. Hopefully they will spawn easily, and the male will be a good father, and the fry will grow well.

I am going to try keeping the father with the fry (Part 1 & Part 2) I know, not recomended for beginners, but I really want to try it. Last time I spawned (first time) the father died of the post depression after fathering. Then all the fry died too. Very sad. I don't want that to happen again, so I'm going to give this ago, and if Carnation eats the fry, I can always pair him up again.

Edited by Sarah

More and better photos will be coming soon.

You would NOT believe how fast Rose is! She will be on one side of the tank, I'll be ready with the camera, then I see a little splash and she is on the other side! LITERALLY IT TAKES LESS THAN A SECOND!!! So hard to get a photo of her. <_<

Carnation is a bit of a slow swimmer with all his finnage. Hopefully he will not want to bite it off sometime to be lighter.

Thanks. I fed her freeze-dried bloodworms last night, and she was so CUTE! She looked at it, flared a little, then, instead of nibbling on the end like most of my other Bettas, she sucked it up like a noddle! So cute.. now that you mentioned that I think I'll try that for a photo.. not sure why I didn't think of it sooner.

Thank you Fishish!