Odd Question.. Nail Polish?

Yanagi

That's the problem, I'm going to be draining half the tank, pulling plants out, putting driftwood in, replanting, etc. I had an entire tank overhaul planned for today but yesterday had to go somewhere and look 'nice'.

I have really weak nails with a tendency to chip and break. If a nail does break and I can't find it, I'm worried the nail polish might start to leech chemicals into the water or something.

You are talking about the volatiles in the nail polish. After you apply the nail polish it 'cures' and the volatile gases, being 'volatile ;) , diffuse into the air and when fully cured should have no residual effect :) The pigments/'glues' (for want of a better word) are also designed to be insoluble in water so they stay on your fingers when you wash your hands etc. That's why you need a solvent to remove it :) I'd be more worried about all those people that insist on putting that terrible fluoro coloured gravel in their tanks *shakes head*

Edited by TasV

I love lots of colours, but must admit that the rainbow gravel is just too much. Sure, if you have a little female toddler who has their own fish (with help) I don't see why not.. but other than that, you'll never catch me with it!