new 2 foot tank, 100 liters

dreaming_frog

Hi,

I just bought myself a new 2 foot 100 litre tank and am in need of suggestions of what to put in it! i did want to have a female betta tank but have read very few positive experiences about this, i was thinking of bristle noses, neons and some fancy guppies? and putting my current female betta in a large wall hanger inside the tank as well.

This is my first tropical tank so i'm not sure how many or what i should do with it!

If you are going to make it into a female betta community tank, you just need to make sure you have a minimum for 5 females as it evens out the aggressive behaviour so one or two isnt getting picked on all the time.. it also allows the to establish a pecking order

There are so many conflicting reports of communal tanks out there that it's hard to decide what's right and what's not. What works for one may not work for another. I suggest doing a search here on AAQ, reading everything you can find and then decide if it's for you or not. Personally i have a tank with 5 female betta, 1 male betta, a mollie, a zebra danio and a bristlenose and they all get along famously. A lot depends on the temperment of your fish. I also have another tank with 3 females living in harmony together - there has never even been a single nipped fin in that tank.

where as my experience of 5-6 girls in a 2ft (ish) tank was that they might not have killed each other - but they certainly did beat each other up.

Just thought I would mention it as I'm sure my old posts have long gone by now... :blush:

I'd definitely look into the mixed tank :D (no suggestions on what as I don't have any knowledge in that field)

If you're close by Jodie's shop at annerly, you can go have a look in there, she actually has betta's in tanks with other species of fish so that would give you a good idea on what other's you can mix her in with...

• 1 month later...