Forum won't 'remember' me - any solutions?

finley

Hi

I find that this forum never remembers me, even though I tick the 'Remember me' checkbox each time I log in. It won't ever log me in automatically, no matter which way I enter, whereas I find that most other forums do.

Is there anything I can do at my end to make this work?

Many thanks,

Finley ;)

Hi Finley,(assuming you are using windows), Are you deleting your passwords when you clear your browsing history? In "internet options" you could un-check the "delete browsing history on exit" box in "general"(if it is ticked). Also check in "internet options"-"advanced" settings that "empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed" is un-checked. In "privacy" check the "over ride automatic cookie hanling" box, set first party cookies to prompt-(so you still have the choice). Set "third party cookies to "block" because you don't need/want them.. Check the box for "allow session cookies". Also in "advanced" ensure "use inline auto- complete" is checked. If you set these actions you should only have to type the first letter of your username then click on your username as it appears underneath, then both fields will be filled out automatically, then click login. Cookie handling and login procedures/parameters are not the same for all websites, hence the differing results you will find at login. Hope this info is of help, let us know how you go. ;) - Brad.

• 6 months later...