Marble Delta's

Bender

These little fish were breed by Kristin. Like all marbles they have changed a lot, so thought I better start taking photo's to see how they progress. They came from a Half Moon line, but are only delta themselves.

This little girl is Miss Silver, she has been a light bodied steel blue from the beginning and I had thought her colour was stable but it seems to be lightening around her head, so she may be marble after all. Her anal fins have a few nips in them from an argument with her sister.

th_MissSilver2.jpg

This is her sister, Miss Piggy. Kristin named her that because she was all white/cellophane except for a couple of spots on her face that gave her a snout. As you can see, she has changed dramatically!

th_MissPiggy1.jpg

First she just had a few blue spots that came and went for months, then spread to cover most of her body. In the last few weeks a black layer has began to develop as well. Against all odds, she is happily living with my husbands barbs, even schooling with them. I wouldn't normally recommend the combination, but she was floated in the tank for a few days as a temporary measure a few months back, and before I knew it was swimming with! I was giving her pellets but after a week she started to ignore them and I realised she was feasting on the flake food I gave the barbs. She's one strange fish!

Last we have Mr Moon. He also seemed stable but has now begun to develop more and more black.

th_MrMoon.jpg

th_MrMoon2.jpg

th_MrMoon3.jpg

His 'beard' is completely clear, making him look quite odd when he flares. When I brought him home he had the coolest eyes, one looked like an anime character and the other side looked like a reptile. I freaked out when I woke up last week to find them completely black! It took me a full half hour to realise why he looked so wrong. I'm still looking for some before shots, but as my photo's are strewn over several hard drives, it may take a while!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry it took so long, but here are some updates of Miss Piggy. They are poor photo's as they are of my phone, but I had to share.

This is three days ago,

2ff6b4691b7c887fd2db98ec01ef8f0a2g.jpg

She had been completely blue for months, then all of a sudden she started to drop the colour again.

Here is todays

5df7248d5137156eb1d7c672384289c92g.jpg

I actually think she is looking very pretty as she is more white now where before she was just skin colour.

Edited by Bender

:yes: yup, that is Miss Piggy. She's the only real marble girl I have, so at least I don't have to go counting rays or anything to be sure! I've warmed up to the colour change thing too. It's definitely a conversation starter, my friends think I'm joking when I say it's not a new fish! :eek:

Edited by Bender

maybe i should start saying that to my parents when they come over to visit. No mum, thats not a new fish. Its just that same one i had years ago. Just grew. changed shape. And colour. And is now a hm betta not a guppy

lol

i just bought ANOTHER tank!!!!!!! F**k knows where i will put it!!!! Its a bargain thou. 4ft, stand, hood, plus a 2.5ft plain tank. $100.

I offered $30 to deliver. He said yes :eek::yes::)

Seen photos too, in EXcond. :) :)

come on, how can you say no?! and i will NEED to buy new fish for it. hehe :P