My New 2ft Tank

Been a while since ive posted

Just thought i should post some pics of my new project- got a 2x1x1 from a mate acouple months ago, put in some nice plants and wood, and after a long while i decided i wanted to get a carpet effect with some HC so ive gone out and bought some ada gravel (amazonia II) and some nice carpeting plants and re-cut the driftwood i had left from a while ago

P3050750.jpg

P3050751.jpg

P3050753.jpg

and my fighter;

P2280727.jpg

my old tank;

PC140319.jpg

i put more pics on my photo bucket page as well, ill be posting more pic's when i get the time; what do you guys think?

I like it a lot! Especially the wood. I've been looking into getting a nice piece of driftwood for a while now, I've got plenty of BN so they'd appreciate it I think but I've not been willing to fork out so much for it and there are no fresh water creeks near by (that I know of) to go find some for myself.

I'll look awesome when the carpeting plants thicken up a little more

Good Luck with it!

lol thanks, i spent about 60 bucks on 2 driftwood pieces last time i was buying it, and didnt want to spend anymore on driftwood this time so i took the chainsaw to the old pieces :)

i had a BN but i died for some odd reason, so this time i think ill save abit more and get a peppermint bn this time round

yeh the fish are in a much smaller tank atm, i also got amazonia II without relising that my fish maynot be suitable for the new ph/softness of the water :/

my filters been running for about 2 weeks now so its semi seeded - also, does gardening fertiliser raise/lower the ph as well ?

i need to bring the water to the lfs to check the nitrate lvl (as i dont have a tseting kit for that yet - not enough cash :)) - hopefully the fish can be back in there by sunday i hope - their new tank isn't great and i keep having to do 50% water changes as this goldfish adds its own weight in waste to it!

Edited by muz

not pos on the brand of type of fertaliser as m mate was telling me how he setup his tanks - and it sounded alot cheaper then an ada tank :)

kits, thanks for the time frame - ill being doing water changes daily then i guess to trry ge tthe fish into the tank by weeks end :P