Signature Sizes

Figure_8

I noticed that some of our signatures are beginning to get a little on the large side. If everyone could please restrict their signatures to the standard internet banner size (approx 468 x 60) or the equivelent number of lines of text (to the same depth) it would be greatly appreciated. While it's great to see everyone's individual signatures and banners, excessively large ones can create problems for members who access the board on a dial up connection. Many thanks for your co-operation :thumbs:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Please be aware that its not just the dimensions of your Avatar, but also the size in kB that matters. This is extremely important in relation to animated images in particular as even the ones with very small 'physical' dimensions can be absolutely huge in the kB department and create problems for people trying to load the board/pages/topics. With this in mind I ask that you please limit the size of your animated images to a maximum of 500kB*

(* maximum size may possibly be reviewed and adjusted in the future)

• 2 months later...

To date I have been pm'ing anyone with a sig over the allowable limit asking for them to resize it, giving them ample opportunity to respond or resize and then manually removing the sig should that not occur. As you can imagine thats been very time consuming so I'm going to do things a little differently from this point on.

Should a sig be just slightly over the limits I will continue with the previous method... however should a sig be grossly over the allowable limits I will simply remove it

I'll not start this new method for a few days to give everyone a chance to read this post and adjust things where necessary.

Thanks for understanding

Lissa

BUMP.

Come on people, why should Lissa have to keep policing this simple request? I have even shrunk my signature size :)

If your sig is too big

I can't really go anywhere inoffensive with that rhyme. But if your sig IS too big, fix it or lose it.

Hi Stefan, I wanted to answer you, but I'm a little on the sleepy side and my eyes are doing the whole "your tired and I'm just not going to function correctly until you go to sleep" thing and reading text is a slight issue in their watery state, so I've just quoted the size restriction from the first post of the thread so you are able to check it with your young and hopefully non-tired eyes

standard internet banner size (approx 468 x 60) or the equivalent number of lines of text (to the same depth)

sleep deep peoples

zzzzzzzzzz