Brisbane Meet Up?

RedDragon

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone in Brissy wants to catch up for a lunch or dinner later this month....or for a fish trawl around the Brissy lfs....??? I think it would be a good opportunity to put names to faces for the local forum members....and a chance to chat about bettas..... Cheers Fiona

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does everyone feel about a BBQ lunch to meet and chat on either Sat. 23 Sept. or Sat. 30 Sept.???? From there we can decide if we want to do future lfs trawls or even discuss the possibility of shared shipping of fish around Aus.

We could meet at a park that should be central to all of us.....I was thinking about Captain Burke Park (underneath the Story Bridge).....there are some BBQs near the corner of Annie St and Holman St.

Here's a map of where the park is Captain Burke Park

Your thoughts????

I'm working both of those days :D but will be there in spirit :blink:

Have a great time everyone!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Leela...do you work Sundays??? I'm sure no one would mind changing the day to a Sunday...

Horndog - there should be room to park your car.....if not there are more BBQ sites to other side of the park and I know that there is definitely car parks there...

I don't particularily like having either of my cars out of site when I do things like this either...

I can do a recog this weekend to check out the parking situation if you'd like.

Cheers

Fiona

I'll have to check the kids' calendar but sounds good otherwise. Are we talking partners & families or am I the only one with immediate family who aren't fish oriented? Is there much in the way of playground stuff there (I have four boys, six and under...)?

I'll have to check the kids' calendar but sounds good otherwise.  Are we talking partners & families or am I the only one with immediate family who aren't fish oriented?  Is there much in the way of playground stuff there (I have four boys, six and under...)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh I love children - and in particular I adore babies!!

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I went and had a look at the facilities available at the park today.....Captain Burke Park (underneath the Story Bridge).....near the corner of Annie St and Holman St (near the Holman St Ferry station).

Ok, here's what's available.

• Covered picnic tables
  • Electric BBQs (no change required), will need to be cleaned before use
  • Full toilet facilities
  • Open grassed area for playing backyard cricket or freezbies
  • Swings & play gym for the kids
  • Parking area and street parking near the picnic tables
We will probably have to get there a bit early to ensure tables, etc. I would suggest a 10:30am or 11:00am start on Sunday 1st October.

So, as long as it's no raining the BBQ is on.....

Hope to see you and your families there....

Cheers

Fiona

Archived