Some WOW! VT colours

VickiPS

In my LFS today, they had some new VTs with really WOW! colours. Two were nearly-black bodied, with deep orange, almost red, spotty fins. V. v. tempting. But I was blown away by a bright turquoise-sky blue with MG-type patterning, but instead of yellow it had apricot with red spots :) It looked like an autumn sunset, soooo pretty!

No matching females :) I can see I'll have to go back tomorrow! I thought really hard about buying a couple, but will take a second look. I was only put off by what looks to be a bit of ammonia burn on the sunset betta, and finnage on the skimpy side of the blacky/orangey/red ones. They're the usual VT price for that shop, $7.95.

Well, I gave in and bought the two :dance: Both have slight damage to the edges of their fins (probably ammonia burn), but look pretty happy to be in decent-sized tanks. The blue and apricot is a darker blue in the body than I'd thought on first impression, a deep royal blue really, but still very pretty. The orangey-reddish-blackish one looks like it's probably from the same spawn. Pics as soon as they've settled in :sad:

Archived